Our lives are spent in relationships. We need an emotional connection with significant others like oxygen. Unfortunately, in our well-intentioned busyness, we often neglect our relationships. Therefore, I have a deep interest in couple relationships which by far, are the most precarious relationships to have and to hold. My interest draws upon a long history in family therapy.
I aim to help you achieve meaningful changes in your life by interrupting unhelpful ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving, by deepening your understanding of your needs and wants, and expressing them effectively. In that way, I hope to improve the significant relationships in your life. Generally, I can begin to guide you in a few sessions.
The pandemic and environmental disasters have subjected everyone to trauma with a little ‘t’ which cumulatively intensifies our existing vulnerabilities resulting in anxiety, stress, and depression. No one is exempt or immune and therefore it is urgent today to acquire the skills to create your own sense of well-being with the internal resources that we all have and the wisdom to forego attempts at controlling the uncontrollable. For this, I hope to help you expand your psychological flexibility to surf the urge of despair.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Bachelor of Science with Honours from the University of Adelaide
- Bachelor in Social Administration from Flinders University
- Graduate Certificate in Mediation (Family) from the University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) from the University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Psychology with Honours from the University of South Australia
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis
- Accredited Practitioner at The Adelaide Clinic, Ramsay Health Care, 2016 – 2021
- Registry of Skilled Practitioners for Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse, RespondSA
- Provider, Relationship & Marriage Counselling, The Hart Centre http://thehartcentre.com.au
- Australian Psychological Society
- Psychology Board of Australia
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focussed Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Gottman Referral Network, The Gottman institute | A Research-based Approach to Relationships