I hope to support you to achieve realistic and meaningful changes in your life if that is your desire. My primary aim is to interrupt the existing patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving that maintain your distress and to introduce new skills so that you can move on in life quickly. With few exceptions, I can help people transform from rumination towards insight after only one session.
I have a deep interest in helping people heal from stress and trauma, to help them reduce anxiety, conquer depression and build life-giving relationships. It is urgent today to acquire the skills to create our own sense of contentment by seeking more control over our own thoughts and deeds and foregoing misguided attempts at controlling those things that are simply uncontrollable. In short, it is enough that we learn to surf the waves of the ocean without shifting the shoreline.
My main platform of service is office-based. I will consider Skype counselling under exceptional circumstances. For mental health emergencies, I will refer you to the SA Mental Health Triage Services on 13 14 65.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Bachelor of Science with Honours from the University of Adelaide
- Bachelor in Social Administration from Flinders University
- Graduate Certificate in Mediation (Family) from the University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) from the University of South Australia
- Bachelor of Psychology with Honours from the University of South Australia
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis
- Accredited Practitioner at The Adelaide Clinic, Ramsay Health Care, 2016 – 2021
- Registry of Skilled Practitioners for Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse, RespondSA
- Provider, Relationship & Marriage Counselling, The Hart Centre http://thehartcentre.com.au
- Australian Psychological Society
- Psychology Board of Australia
- Australian Society for Hypnosis
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focussed Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Gottman Referral Network, The Gottman institute | A Research-based Approach to Relationships